Shoulder Pain Treatment
Conveniently located on Chestnut St. in Newark, New Jersey
Chiropractors can employ various techniques to examine and treat shoulder pain. By identifying the underlying causes of irritation, the team of chiropractors at Vida Chiropractic can develop a treatment plan focused on decreasing pain and promoting healing. While each plan is individualized to address the specific needs of each patient, here are some common methods our chiropractors may use to alleviate shoulder pain:
- Assessment and Diagnosis: Our chiropractors will conduct a thorough examination to assess the source and nature of the shoulder pain. This will involve reviewing the individual's medical history, performing orthopedic tests, evaluating range of motion, and potentially ordering diagnostic imaging like X-rays or MRI scans to gather more information.
- Chiropractic Adjustments: Our chiropractors are trained in joint manipulations, or adjustments, which can be applied to the shoulder joint itself, as well as the surrounding joints of the spine, neck, and upper back. These adjustments aim to improve joint mobility, reduce restrictions, and restore proper alignment, thereby relieving pain and improving function.
- Soft Tissue Techniques: Various soft tissue therapies may also be used to address muscular imbalances and tension in the shoulder region. Techniques such as myofascial release, trigger point therapy, or instrument-assisted soft tissue mobilization can help alleviate muscle tightness, reduce pain, and restore proper muscle function.
- Rehabilitation Exercises: Our chiropractors may prescribe and instruct specific exercises and stretches to help strengthen the muscles supporting the shoulder joint to improve short and long term stability. These exercises can help correct imbalances, increase range of motion, and enhance overall shoulder function.
- Posture and Ergonomic Guidance: Poor posture and improper ergonomics often contribute to shoulder pain. Our chiropractors can provide recommendations for optimizing posture and ergonomics during daily activities, work, and exercise. These changes help limit stress on the shoulder joint, thereby promoting healing and preventing further pain. Even minor everyday movements can affect the shoulder without our awareness. Our doctors will help to point out these actions and make suggestions to correct them when necessary.
- Lifestyle Recommendations: They may suggest lifestyle modifications, such as changes in physical activity, ergonomics, or self-care practices, to support shoulder health. This may include guidance on proper lifting techniques, relaxation techniques, stress management, and nutrition to support overall well-being and recovery.
- Complementary Modalities: Depending on the specific case, our doctors may incorporate additional therapeutic modalities such as electrical stimulation to help reduce pain and promote tissue healing. In cases where inflammation is high, we offer an additional complimentary ice pack.
It's important to remember that treatment plans may vary depending on the individual's condition, severity of symptoms, and other factors. Chiropractors aim to provide personalized care tailored to the needs of each patient.
If you're experiencing shoulder pain, reach out to schedule a consultation with one of our skilled chiropractors, who can conduct a comprehensive assessment, provide an accurate diagnosis, and develop an individualized treatment plan to address your specific needs.
If you believe you could benefit from high-quality care, consider getting treatment from the staff at Vida Chiropractic. Our dedicated team will be pleased to answer your questions today. We can also help you schedule a time to visit our office in the Ironbound section of Newark NJ.